WGU Teacher Appreciation Scholarship
WGU Nevada is pleased to offer the Teacher Appreciation Scholarship for prospective and current teachers who want to earn a WGU degree. These scholarships, each valued up to $2,000, are designed to help current teachers improve their skill set in the classroom or move into administration, or to assist aspiring teachers in obtaining the required credentials for a rewarding career as an educator.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Complete an application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts of all prior college work.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be officially admitted to a WGU Nevada Teachers College degree program.
- Interview with a WGU Scholarship Counselor prior to award decision.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded. However, this is a competitive program and scholarships will be awarded based on a candidate’s academic record, financial need, readiness for online study at WGU Nevada, and current competency, plus other considerations.
NOTE: This scholarship is designed for new WGU Nevada students only. Students are eligible to apply for this scholarship up to 60 days prior to their start date and up to 60 days after starting a degree program. Students starting more than 90 days after submitting a scholarship application will not be considered for the scholarship. WGU employees and their spouses are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
Before monies are distributed, the scholarship recipients must read the WGU Student Handbook and agree to and understand the academic progress, tuition, and refund policies. The student will also be required to agree to the WGU Scholarship Terms and Conditions before monies will be awarded. The student must also meet the university’s On Time Progress requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Each student can only be awarded one scholarship that is funded or administered through WGU during their degree program. Recipients must be U.S. citizens.
If you would like to discuss the scholarship program or WGU Nevada’s degrees before submitting an application for this scholarship, feel free to speak to an Enrollment Counselor toll-free at 1-855-948-8493.
Scholarship Value: $2,000 maximum
This scholarship will be credited to your account at the rate of $500 per six-month term, renewable for up to four terms.
- B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies (K-8)
- B.A. Special Education (K-12)
- B.A. Mathematics (5-9 or 5-12)
- B.A. Science (5-9)
- B.A. Science (Chemistry, 5-12)
- B.A. Science (Physics, 5-12)
- B.A. Science (Biological Sciences (5-12)
- B.A. Science (Geosciences, 5-12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Prep, Elem Ed (K-8)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Prep, Mathematics (5-9 or 5-12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Prep, Science (5-9 or 5-12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Prep, Social Science (5-12)
- M.A. Teaching (K-8)
- M.A. Teaching, English (5-12)
- M.A. Teaching, Mathematics (5-9 or 5-12)
- M.A. Teaching, Science (5-9 or 5-12)
- M.A. Teaching, Social Science (5-12)
For already-licensed teachers:
- M.S. Curriculum and Instruction
- M.S. Special Education (K-12)
- M.S. Educational Leadership
- M.A. English Language Learning/English as a Second Language (ELL/ESL) (PreK-12)
- M.Ed. Instructional Design
- M.Ed. Learning and Technology
- M.A. Mathematics Education (K-6, 5-9, or 5-12)
- M.A. Science Education (5-9)
- M.A. Science Education (Chemistry, 5-12)
- M.A. Science Education (Physics, 5-12)
- M.A. Science Education (Biological Sciences, 5-12)
- M.A. Science Education (Geosciences, 5-12)
- Endorsement Preparation Program, English Language Learning (PreK-12)
- Endorsement Preparation Program, Educational Leadership
Financial Aid is Also Available
You may choose to pay for the remaining portion of your degree through federal financial aid (subject to your eligibility). Pell Grants, which do not have to be repaid, are granted based on financial need. Federal Direct Student Loans are available to all students. Subsidized loans, which are dependent on financial need, reduce the interest due on loans.
Note: Before you can apply for this scholarship, you must first apply for admission.
Scholarship Application Deadline: June 30, 2016